Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Who is this Gourmande?


Image courtesy of Seemonterey.com

Hello there! This is my first blog post as the Monterey Gourmande and I thought I'd tell you a bit about myself. I have been blogging about a couple of my many passions, sewing and vintage, over at A Few Threads Loose for a few years now. But even more than I love traveling, sewing, and hunting for vintage things, I LOVE to eat.
Every time I tried a new restaurant I found myself composing blog reviews in my head, never to post them anywhere.

Now that I have moved to the lovely Monterey Bay area from cold, rainy Norway (not my original home) I have decided to give it a go. I have eaten great and horrible foods all over the world and can't wait to start talking about food with you!

So what is a Gourmand(e)? Gourmand is the French word for someone who loves to eat. A great gourmand has an open mind and appreciates all kinds of food. Though I love haute cuisine and fancy restaurants, I really enjoy old fashioned diners, hunting for the perfect hamburger, hole in the wall cafes, and a flawless cup of espresso.

On the Monterey Gourmande I plan on writing honest reviews of every restaurant I try, from the non-descriminating perspective of someone who doesn't expect pâté and roses.

Feel free to follow along as I eat my way through the central coast!

Bon Appétit!

--La Gourmande--

No comments:

Post a Comment